59th CSW Commission on the Status of Women 2015, 9th-22nd Match 2015
Participation in International Conferences
- 1995: World Social Summit Copenhagen, Denmark 1995
- 1996: Accredited and participated in United Nations Special Session on Social Development 1996
- 1997: African Conference on Trafficking in Women held in Uganda 1997
- 2000: ECPAT African meeting on child prostitution and sexual exploitation - November 2000.
Facilitated GAATW African Consultation meeting on Regional Handbook on Human Rights and Trafficking Women and Children – Nairobi Kenya December 2000.
Accredited and participated in the United Nations Department of Public Information 53rd Annual DPI/NGO Conference 2000.
- Accredited and participated in the UN General Assembly on Women - Beijing + 5 in New York - June 2000.
- Sub-Regional Seminar on Fight against Trafficking in Children – Lome 15–17 May 2000.
- 2001: World conferences against racism in Durban, South Africa from August 27th to September 9th 2001.
- World congresses on Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC), Yokohama Japan, December 2001.
- 2002: African Regional Conference on Trafficking and Child Labour Abuja 2002.
- African Union Consultations with NGOS Addis-Ababa 2002
- 2003: West African Conferences on Trafficking Facilitated by the International Law Group in Abuja 29-31 October 2003.
- 2004: NGO Consultative Forum on Beijing +10 Organized by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) Addis-Ababa July 22-23, 2004
- 2005: WOCON led a team of Nigerian NGO’s to the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) organized by the United Nation from the 28th February – 11th March, in New York.
- 2007: The 51st session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSF/CSW) held from 26th February 9th march 2007 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, USA. The 2007 session had the theme “Cultural challenges to the elimination of girl child trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation.
- 2007: Attended the 2007 Africa Social Forum in Kenya in collaboration with IMADRS.
- The Human Rights and Habitat in Uganda, 2007.
- 1ST APHADA Arts and Crafts Exhibition in Philippines November 2007.
- Child-Safe Organizations regional workshop in Lusaka, Zambia, 24th -26th October 2007.
- 2008: The 52nd session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) held from 25th February – 7th March 2008 at the United Nations headquarters in New York, USA. The theme was “Financing for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.
- Coordinated the Nigerian Government and NGO Report on the Stockholm Agenda and preparation for the World Congress111 on Commercial Exploitation of Children (CSEC) held in Rio De Janeiro Brazil November 2008.
- 2009: Organised a side event at the United Nations CSW 53rd session 2-13 March 2009 on a round table discussion on “Human trafficking, gender and HIV/AIDS: the African perspectives”
- Coordinated the participation of Nigerian NGOs for the 8th African Regional meeting on women preparatory to Beijing+15- Banjul Gambia 16-20 November 2009.
- 2010: 54th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) New York, March 1 - 12, 2010